Monday, November 9, 2009

Make Time Before its too late

I knelt to pray but not for long,
I had too much to do.
I had to hurry and get to work
For bills would soon be due.
So I knelt and said a hurried prayer,
And jumped up off my knees.
My Christian duty was now done
My soul could rest at ease.
All day long I had no time
To spread a word of cheer.
No time to speak of Christ to frien...ds,
They'd laugh at me I'd fear.
No time, no time, too much to do,
That was my constant cry,
No time to give to souls in need
But at last the time, the time to die.
I went before the Lord,
I came, I stood with downcast eyes.
For in his hands God held a book;
It was the book of life.
God looked into his book and said
"Your name I cannot find.
I once was going to write it down...
But never found the time" ~Unknown



"Praying, just to say that it has been done" ...this speaks volume on so many levels. Always doing GOd's work while rushing and not givign it our best. So its liek we are doing it in vain because it has no substance! We keep saying that we are doing it in his name, every sentence that comes out of our mouth ends with "in the name of Jesus" but Is that really the case.. Is God satified with the way you have been doing things? Is he happy with the position he has given you in ministry? Lets take some time and re-evaluate ourselves and get it right, we dont want to get before him only to find out that your name could not be found because he he forgot to write in the book or your name never ringed a bell! I dont know about yall but Im trying roll VIP style in Heaven. My name has to make the book. Listen, It's not too late now but DONT wait any longer. Get it right today. Right now is the best time to work on tht relationship with him. He is still waiting....

2 comments:

  1. "My Christian duty was now done"
    So many christians see prayer as a task instead of a time to communicate with God.
    "A duty" is something we do because we have. Prayer should not be a duty rather a priviledge to speak with Most High God.

    Cassandre

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you in Rollin VIP Style..lol. but thats so true!

    ReplyDelete